- This event has passed.
Discover Your Family History
March 1 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Jewish Genealogical Society of Greater Boston, in conjunction with Hebrew College, is offering its award-winning course on how to research your Jewish family history.
- Eight Wednesday evenings March 1 – April 26, 2017 (excludes April 12)
- 7:00 – 9:30 pm at Hebrew College in Newton
- Tuition $250. Class limited to 24 students.
“Terrific course. Lots of great info useful to all levels of researchers… All the lecturers were well-prepared, engaging and stimulating… I loved having the slides and handouts in advance.” (Student Evaluations)
Classes include lectures by experts from the JGSGB and hands-on workshops on using major online resources and genealogy programs.
- Basic research strategies & skills
- Major online resources & software
- Jewish names and customs
- Migration history & changing European borders
- Immigrant ancestors & U.S. records
- European & Israeli Records
- Holocaust victims & survivors
- Organize & publish your research
The course is designed for beginners and for those who have started their family research. Students should have experience using the Web and are encouraged to bring laptops or tablets to class to participate in Web-based hands-on workshops.
The course website provides audio recordings of lectures, PowerPoint slides and class handouts for those who miss a class and as a resource for all students.
Questions? Contact course @ jgsgb.org or 866-611-5698.
Winner of the Outstanding Program Award from the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies in 2009.